Wednesday, March 3, 2010

An Update, Are You Happy Mom?

You know it's bad when ever your own mother tells you to update your blog...

Truth be told, I don't have much to say. Nothing that I would feel comfortable exposing to the world at this point in my life at any rate.

So I'll do a shallow random things with links to them post. I like these. They are easy.

My cousin and her husband just had their first baby, Isaiah Matthew West. I haven't seen him since they brought him home, but holding him at the hospital was quite precious. Click here to see his birth picture. And for the record, Isaiah's dad is the same guy that I posted this about a while back.

I am co-captaining a Relay for Life team. Frankly, we have no idea what we are doing, but it's for a great cause so I think all the more serious teams will be more forgiving. Incidentally, what should the theme of our tent be?

Can't wait for this movie to *finally* be released this weekend!

Post coming soon about the throw pillow I'm attempting to make using some fabric I bought at a thrift store. Here's a teaser: I had a mini-breakdown and have already had to lug the sewing machine to the MIL's house to show me what I was doing wrong. But I won't tell you what it was.... HA!

I'm reading an absolutely fantastic book right now. It's called The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. I feel pretty lame about how much I'm raving about it since it's been out for a long time, like someone who just discovered stone-washed jeans or Pop Rocks. But it's super good, believe me.

Some other books that are on my radar recently:

The Magicians by Lev Grossman
Everything Matters! by Ron Currie, Jr.
The Book of the Dun Cow by Walter Wangerin
Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin

Aaaanyways, nothing else is new in my life, for the most part. I do have a busy few months ahead of me, so hopefully I'll get some better bloggage material real soon!

No comments: