Saturday, August 8, 2009

Yard Sale Review

I did not take pictures at the yard sale. I just didn't, okay? It was hot and I got cranky.

But we did have some success and made my friend Charity's trip around the world just a little closer to being funded. Here are some things that people bought that I just found hilarious:

  • 2 railroad spikes
  • a bird's nest craft circa 1974 (with dust on it that was about that old, too!)
  • a witch's mask & wig
  • a 4-wheeler helmet that I had priced at $3... that guy probably walked away thinking, "Those kids are suckers! This thing's worth at least $25!" And he would be right, so joke's on me...
  • little things you put on the end of corn on the cobb
  • a sunflower wreath (this is actually terribly sad: the lady's late husband was crazy about sunflowers and she bought it to put on his grave... truly one man's trash is another man's treasure)
And the mountain of clothes that we had? I've never seen so many people willing to pilfer through something! Everyone told me when I was collecting donations that clothes didn't sell very well at yard sales. Well, they would be wrong in this case!

Now is time to rest, relax, and recuperate the rest of my Saturday. With any luck, I may just get some laundry done and take a short nap.

Maybe.

No comments: