Anyways, let's catch up shall we?
On November 2, the niece turned one year old! I cannot believe it's been a year. Here's a picture of the ummm... happy little party animal during cake time:
Is happy the right word?
What else, what else? Ah! As of this week I am no-longer-a-temp-officially-employed at a company that shall remain nameless. I work in Collections and it's a grind. I'm thankful for the job and the extra money is great, but nevertheless... it's a grind.
Is it too soon to decorate for Christmas? Quick poll around our house, I say kind of and Dusty says definitely.
This video is funny:
My friend Devon is going to have a baby soon, I mean really, really soon and a few weeks ago I took some pictures of her and her husband Josh. Here is one of my favorites:
If you are friends with her on facebook you should go look at the whole album. I'm pretty proud of my work. :)
Here are some books I've read recently:
- River Town by Peter Hessler: This book is great if you love China, love the Peace Corp, and especially if you love both
- Unbroken by Tracy Elliot: This book was pretty good; very interesting look at someone who came from nothing and now has something. I didn't love it though.
- Cirque du Freak: A Living Nightmare by Darren Shan: I've heard the movie is trash, but the book was ok. It's definitely childish, but then towards the end it takes this really dark turn and now I want to know what happens. Special thanks to April for suggesting this series.
- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke: (Currently Reading) Again, this is not an "adult read" or anything, but it's pretty cute so far.
- Is God Listening by Vineyard Music: this is a great little worship album and two songs (Cloud by Day and Flood) were written by the pastor at our beloved church back in Campbellsville. You can get it on iTunes
- Noble Beast by Andrew Bird: My friend Adam T told me about this one, I think. Anyways, I've become increasingly fond of this album for the past month or so. It's so diverse and lyrically sound.
- Consumed by Jesus Culture: Heaven touches Earth anytime this album is played in my car or in my house. That's a great feeling.