Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"The Kingdom of Heaven is Like..."

I love in scripture when Jesus says, "The Kingdom of Heaven is like..." I find myself on the edge of my seat, trying to glean even the tiniest speck of wisdom from, as my Vineyard family would say, "the smartest person who ever lived."

Dusty started a really fun summer series on Wednesday nights called Weekly Outdoor Object Lessons or WOOL. (Clever, eh?)

Tonight we looked at what Jesus meant when he said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is like the yeast a woman used in making bread. Even though she put only a little yeast in three measures of flour, it permeated every part of the dough.”


We asked the students after making the dough and kneading the dough what they thought this parable meant. I loved their answers!

One replied that we have to let ourselves be kneaded like this dough so that the "yeast" or the Kingdom will spread throughout our lives and cause it to rise. Never thought of it that way.

To me this parable says that even a little bit of Kingdom goes a long way. And I sure need that truth in this season of my life.

No comments: