Thursday, June 4, 2009

Book Blog From Far Away

I just finished the book Light Force by Brother Andrew and Al Jannsen. It was good, though somewhat slow in places. However, I feel like I gained a lot of knowledge about the Palestine/ Israel debate. Like if someone were to ask me to explain it now, I could. Not in great detail, but I could give you the basics.

(Sidenote: did you know that while I was in Jordan a lot of the people there referred to Israel as "Occupied Palestine." It was pretty interesting.)

I am about to start a new book called Sister India. This is one of the last books that I bought before my hiatus. I picked it up on a whim at the Half Price Book Store (a.k.a. Paradise) with my birthday gift card back in December. It is now June. Do the math. I have an unhealthy addiction.

But at least it's not meth.

1 comment:

Devon said...

speaking of books .... do you still have ragamuffin gospel and would you be willing to let your favorite pregnant friend borrow it for a few weeks. :)