Friday, December 5, 2008

Catching Up With You

I have not been blogging lately. I'm living at my grandparent's house right now and they do not have internet, but that's ok because their 42" HD tv more than makes up for it.

Except I haven't been blogging, but now, here are some blog-worthy highlights from my life lately:
  1. My mom asked for a Led Zepplin cd for Christmas. I find this hysterical. Rock on, mom.
  2. My grandma called Coca-Cola today to complain about the new lids on their plastic bottles. Normally I would find this kind of behavior absurd, but on this one, I totally agree. The lady is sending her a coupon for a free pack of Diet Coke. Ifind that this will onl ymake the problem worse as we will have even more Diet Coke that we can't open.
  3. I have been "caffiene free" for about two weeks now. I hasn't been hard at all and that weird little lumpy that I felt on my rib a while back (news to you, I'm sure) is pretty much gone.
  4. I just finished Twilight, I'm starting New Moon and I'm not lame. I don't wish I was married to Edward Cullen I just find it easy and interesting to read. So there. (Nah.)
  5. Just got done with my class's Christmas program. Oh. My. Word. I was so proud of each and every one of them, they did fabulously. Go kids, go!
  6. I got to leave work for 30 minutes today because one of my kids faceplanted a pew and blood was everywhere! It was all over my arms, my shirt, my jeans, my shoes, not to mention him, his shirt, and his face. I have never seen someone bleed so much. Ever.
  7. Dusty is a salutatorian! He's graduating December 12th and I'm so proud of him!
  8. Next Friday is my last day of work and I actually got a little sad today. Weird right? We'll see how I feel Friday, I may feel strangely emotional, even though I'm pretty sure it will come in the euphoric high of not having to deal with certain children/parents anymore.
  9. Conversely, next Friday I will be unemployed. I'm scared. Those bills are still rollin' in you know? If anyone wants to hire me, it'd be greatly appreciated. Maybe I'll give piano lessons.

So there. Now we're all caught up and I can not-blog for another week or so. Happy weekend! Granny's making breakfast tomorrow. She is TOTALLY spoiling us by the way. Both of us. And she likes to brag about how she spoils Dusty. Not me, Dusty. She loves him.

1 comment:

Garrett said...

so, i have thought about reading the "twilight" series....but i assumed it was for emo girls looking for their own vampire to love.....is this true? would i be gay/ a weirdo for reading?