Thursday, July 29, 2010

End of Summer

July is almost over and that means summer is in its death rattle. This, of course, comes in the form of angry heat waves bearing down on most of the country that leave you irritable with your loved ones and trying to mask the sweat dripping down your back while in public.

I was struck by a startling thought a few days back on my drive home from class: This is the free-est I will ever be.

And it's true. Dusty and I have been able to spend so much time together lately, doing whatever we want, whenever we feel like it, however we want. We literally have no one to worry much about besides ourselves right now. We're out from under the (loving) thumbs of our parents and don't have children to weigh us down.

Summer 2010 has been a really sweet couple of months.


1 comment:

Devon said...

Somehow this post is awesome and yet makes me sad at the same time.