Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Return!

It has indeed been a long while since I've written a blog post! For the two people who read it, I'm sure I've totally lost your interest!

I spent the first half of this month traveling through Ohio with my mom. It was a great time, very emotional though. You may not know, but my mom's sister//my aunt was diagnosed with cancer a little over a year ago. We had a good time visiting with her and my grandma. They live super close to Lake Erie, which means we just had to get fish sandwiches down by the bay. (Where the watermelon groooow! No, kidding, not really.)

My grandma can be pretty goofy sometimes!

Yesterday I started my first official semester at ECTC (or as I like to call it, Greendale.) This is my first real dose of IECE (Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education) courses. I'm not stressed yet, but I feel like I should be. I have a very large load of observation hours to complete. But right now I'm just enjoying the fact that all my tests are take home! I never even hoped for that at Campbellsville!

I had this surreal experience in which I sat on a bench under a tree with Luke, my youngest cousin as we were both awaiting our next classes on Monday. I never, ever thought I'd be going back to college again after graduating once, let alone a community college with the youngest member of my family (excluding Isaiah, of course!)

It feels a little surreal that summer is over. School is back in session for our youth kids which means I have to remind myself that there are such things as "school nights" again. (For them and me!) While I'm more than ready for cooler temperatures, football season, and an excuse to bake with pumpkin I know that this summer will be a time that I will look back on fondly, and even miss a little.

No comments: