Monday, August 30, 2010

Observation Confirmation

Occasionally someone at church will ask me how I'm liking school. My response is somewhat akin to a B-12 shot of joy for my heart.

Let me rewind for a little bit to my days (almost exactly one year ago) working at an unnamed cell phone company.

Someone would ask me how I liked work, and I would respond:

Oh, you know... it's work.

Or toward the end of my tenure:

I hate it. I absolutely hate it, but thanks for asking.

They would give me a sad little face or a reassuring clap on the back and I would go back to dreading mornings, dreading Mondays, and dreading life.

But now when someone asks me how I like school I've found that I can say with all honesty:

I love it!

I know I'm on the right path.

I know this is what I'm supposed to do with my life.

And I couldn't be happier!

The first time someone asked me I felt the old urge to give that "it's okay" or "it's not my favorite thing in the world" answer, but then I realized that urge is completely unfounded!

Today I observed in my first classroom. I can't even tell you how much I missed kids coming up to me and asking for help putting on their paint smock or showing me their latest Lego creation.

Today the Lord brought confirmation in the form of little kids asking me, "What is your name is?"

No comments: