Wednesday, December 8, 2010

SNOW! ICE! CHRISTMAS!

I have to admit, writing the previous blog post was super difficult. I sat on it for a day or two. Then I went to post it, but hit the "save" button. Then a little later I went to post it and did an online crossword puzzle instead. But then I posted it. And I feel a little better, I do.

To cut the heaviness of the aforementioned post I thought I'd blog about something VERY EXCITING I'm doing this weekend!

About ohhh... 5 years ago my friend Devon and I hatched this plan that involved trooping down to Nashville and going to the ICE! exhibit. I say exhibit because I'm not really sure what to call it. Perhaps spectacle would be a better word. Here,

According to the kind lady at About.com this exhibit is made of almost 2 million pounds of ice, carved into holly jolly Christmas characters.

There is an ice slide. Enough said.

Sadly, our plans never worked out and they stopped doing the exhibit. However, we discovered that this year, it's back! And they're not even doing the ultimately less cool Grinch theme. Score! So we've convinced the husbands to join in our venture and we're leaving on Friday.

Another exciting thing we will be doing is going to see these lovely ladies kick their legs in uniform fashion:

We will also be going to SNOW! and eating at the Pancake Pantry.

I'm coining this trip Mini-Cation 2.0, Holiday Edition. Our last Mini-Cation was a complete bust: I got sick at Six Flags, we blew a tire on the way back, and so on. This Mini-Cation will be better. I can just feel it.

It helps that we will be in the company of two of my favorite people!

No comments: