Friday, April 18, 2008

In One Month From Now...

As I write this blog it is 12:22 am, Saturday April 19. Thought the one month mark was two days ago, the four week mark is right now. As I type. This time four weeks from now I will be laying in bed, tossing and turning, sleepless like I used to be in elementary school on the night before my return from summer vacation.

Why, you ask? Because in four weeks I will become Mrs. Dusty Snyder! Emily Snyder. Get used to it folks!

I've often said that the four years you're in college packs about eight years' worth of life experience. I'm beginning to wonder how much can be packed in just the last four weeks of college. Here's my running list of things to do before the BIG day:

  1. Interview for the new job. This happens at 6:55 pm on Monday... like this Monday. Fingers crossed this time next month I'll also be the three's teacher at Campbellsville Child Development Center.
  2. Nurse my beloved back to health: he's having a tonsilectomy on Wednesday of next week. Awesome timing as he will still be covered by his parent's insurance!
  3. Finals week: while I only have three finals, two of them are big and one of the two is critical. Like if I don't pass it, I may not graduate. Word to the wise: chemistry is not all its cracked up to be.
  4. Last minute wedding preparations: this could take up four weeks in and of itself! I've got programs to make, flowers to arrange, and a rehearsal dinner dress to buy. Not to mention, I could stand to lose some weight as my wedding dress is a smidge on the tight side. Sad day.
  5. Graduate from college! This happens exactly one week from the wedding. So this time three weeks from now I will be sleeping peacefully knowing that I am done with higher education forever!

Overall Stress Level (scale from 1-10, 1 being a chill vacation in the Bahamas and 10 being a brain surgeon operating on the President): 3. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Devon said...

SNOWBALL! Don't worry life will be good. Let me know if you need help with anything... seriously.