Friday, April 11, 2008

Weclome Spring

I surely didn't realize that when I chose to go out of state for college that I would begin to make my home there at the end of my schooling. But as it turns out the Lord saw the big plan and I only the small, miniscule glance at the larger picture.

As is the case since I arrived in Kentucky, there has always been something about spring time that makes me want to be at home. Instead of dwelling on where I would rather be, I will celebrate the fact that I have experienced these things enough to miss them at all. Here's a quick list of some of my top favorite things that I miss. I wish I had a picture for each, but I am on a borrowed computer so will just have to make due!
  • The lilac bushes that greet you on the path to the front door of my parents house. Beautiful!
  • Royals fever! Though I couldn't tell you a single player on the roster, I love going to games, especially on Buck Night.
  • The smell of my parents house airing out after being shut up all winter. For some reason it is really comforting.
  • The sound of frogs beginning to croak at night in our back yard. Sleeping with the windows open and listening to them is one of my favorite things in the world.
  • Sitting on the deck with the parents while the sun goes down, being bombarded by our black labs and having to go in because of the mosquitos. (A regular occurence in the Hamlin household.)
  • Campfires in the backyard with my Dad... guitar in tow.

So I say welcome Spring, especially with all the memories that you bring!

No comments: