Friday, January 1, 2010

2009, A Best Of

From my iTunes, song play count, here are my top 5 most listened to songs:
  1. Oh My Sweet Carolina-- Ryan Adams-- Play Count: 50
  2. In Your Atmosphere-- John Mayer-- Play Count: 49
  3. Desert Song-- Hillsong-- Play Count: 39
  4. Stronger-- Hillsong-- Play Count: 38
  5. Blood Bank-- Bon Iver-- Play Count: 36
From the books I've read this year, here are my top 3 favorite:
  1. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  2. There's No Me With You by Melissa Faye Green
  3. The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs
From the pictures I've taken this year, here is my favorite:

From the movies I've seen this year, here are my four favorite: (not necessarily new releases)
  1. Inglorious Basterds
  2. Slumdog Millionaire
  3. Amelie
  4. Gran Torino
This verse has really categorized my year with the Lord:

"Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This is not a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we're in. If your little boy asks for a serving of fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? If your little girl asks for an egg, do you trick her with a spider? As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing—you're at least decent to your own children. And don't you think the Father who conceived you in love will give the Holy Spirit when you ask him?" Luke 11:10-13, The Message

2009, you started off pretty rough (especially with the freakish ice storm) but your ending has been smooth and sweet.

2010, you've got some big shoes to fill.

No comments: