Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday. I'm a little bummed that I can't be with her in person today, but I think it's something we've gotten used to through the years.

I don't have many pictures of or with my mom because she believes herself to be rather un-photogenic. But here's a sweet moment that we shared back in May of 2008... I won't need to explain really:

My mom is one of my favorite people in the world. She listens to me when I have a bad day, and I usually leave the conversation with a smile on my face. She has taught me how to be married to a "man in the ministry" without losing your sanity. She has also proven time and time again how much she loves and supports her family. Also, if you put the two of us side by side you'll see an almost uncanny resemblance. The first thing people told me when she was here visiting for Christmas was, "Wow, you look exactly like your mom!" I guess that's not an all together bad thing.

So happy birthday Mom! Sorry I haven't gotten you anything yet, but rest assured this blog post isn't your gift!

Love,
Emily

No comments: