Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Where Will You Be?

Where will you be one week from today?

Wanna know where I will be? Here.

That's right, it's back to school time for me! I feel a little weird saying it and the best/worst part is when people ask me what I'm going back to school for. Here's a sample conversation:

Them: "Oh, that's great, you're going back to school. What for?"
Me: "Early childhood education."
Them: "Oh, so you want to work at a daycare?"

Noooooo... why would I shell out tons of money to go back to school (as in been there, done that, have the diploma to prove it) just to work at a daycare? I did that while I was in school the first time. So no, not to work at a daycare.

Sample conversation #2:

Them: "Oh, that's great, you're going back to school. What for?"
Me: "Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education" (figuring the longer title would stave off the "daycare" comments.)
Them: "Hmmm... oh what? I was looking at something shiny."

Is it just me or do people tend to zone out when you use words larger than two syllables?

So there you have it, for those of you who care. I will be doing about a year and a half at ECTC and then finishing with a(nother) bachelor's degree from Campbellsville. (Meaning yeah, we're moving back there... eventually.)

Am I excited? You bet!
A little apprehensive? Uh huh!
Taking precautions to not look too much like a non-traditional student? Absolutely!

No comments: