Sunday, March 16, 2008

Different Than We Think

I had a really cool dream this past week that I'd like to share with you:

Dusty and I and our friend Dave were standing in front of a building. It was a building that we knew to be a prison, but not an American prison. It was a prison designed specifically for believers in Christ. We knew that this was not a functioning building, so there really was no immediate danger, but it still loomed ominously before us. It was all black and dark, and well...rather scary.

Dave asked us, "What does this building say to you?"

I immediately responded, "God's love is different than we think." And then I walked away.

To tell you the truth, this dream has bothered me all week. Usually when the Lord speaks to me through dreams I know exactly what He's saying. But right now, I have no clue. I have a few theories but none of them totally measure up to what an awesome word I think the Lord was giving me.

So I urge you to think of what this dream means to you--especially in the context of fear and threat of imprisonment: how is God's love different than we think?

No comments: