Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mother Knows Best


If I had to chose anything about my apartment that I would change, it would come down to the bathtub. The floor was black-ish/grey and dingy looking.

Not that it's never been cleaned. I've tried Clorox, Lysol Bathroom Cleaner, etc. But nothing would take it off. So I assumed it was actually clean, but stained from years of other, more negligable renters.

But it was still always on my mind, especially while I was showering. So I hadn't entirely given up on trying to get that stuff up.

One day while strolling through Wal-Mart I came across Comet, the powder cleaner. My mother uses Comet and I mean she uses Comet. I don't think I've ever not seen it in the bathroom growing up. And our bathrooms were always spotless. 

So I picked up a can of it and it's sat for quite some time. Until today... we have friends coming over to watch football tonight and there's no motivation like "outsiders" to get your living quarters looking appropriate. 

I put Dusty in charge of the bathroom and he tackled that shower with the Comet. 

I. Am. Speechless. It looks like a completely new bathtub! Not a hint of black or grime. Just nice, white porcelain.

I'd like to thank my husband for working so hard, and of course, my mother for proving even from 600 miles away that she knows best. 

2 comments:

Ed said...

I know a certain bathroom that Dusty can tackle any time now.

Adam Truax said...

I did the same thing, Comet might make you vomit, but it can sure clean a bathtub.