Saturday, September 13, 2008

Recently Purchased

Anyone who knows me knows that I am fascinated with other countries. I've found myself making lists about countries that I want to visit and for what specific reasons. I even have an imaginary budget in my head that will eventually allot for Dusty and Emily's Excellent European Adventure.

To satiate my curiosity though I read book after book about other countries. I've been on a Middle East kick for over a year, but that's 
to be expected. Once you go there you can't get it out of your mind. I guess you might say I'm ruined for it.

So imagine my chagrin when Dusty told me he had to buy this book to read for class:


Ha! And it's been on my list for quite some time! But that's not all! I accidentally may have ordered two more! 

The above book is about Ethiopa, HIV, and adoption. More on that in perhaps some much more future posts.

A while back I read a book about Iran. In it, the author explained why Salman Rushdie is an outlaw. (It's because in his book The Satanic Verses he depicts the prophet Mohammad, which in Islam, from what I gathered, is bad news bears.) I've heard this book is also excellent, so I put it on my list and am giving it a chance.

Me & Books: Unhealthy addiction? Perhaps not. Productive hobby... yeah. Let's call it that.

No comments: