Saturday, September 13, 2008

Three Kids, Five Senses

I am blogging just to be blogging right now. Frankly, I've had a mind numbingly terrible day. And there is a cute guy and a good book waiting for me in the bedroom. Soon, I will be back there.

But today,  I was in Bowling Green doing the last of my glorified babysitting for the Baptists. Today was by far the easiest $12/hour I've ever made.

I had three girls: 1st grade; 2nd grade; and 5th grade. 1st grade and 5th grade were sisters. 2nd grade has never met a stranger. They got along swimmingly!

I did a lesson throughout the day about our 5 senses. (Yes, I stole the topic from work, but I made the activities up mostly on my own.) The biggest hit of the day was, by far, the frozen tempra paint.

Take some Dixie cups and pour in washable paint. Cover each cup with aluminum foil. Insert wooden craft stick. Freeze over night and viola! Frozen paint that eventually melts into goo and is doubly fun to play with.

My favorite part was when the girls decided that red and white really do make pink. That's when the project really took off.

In other news, I have yet again been denied health insurance. I will save you all the gory details, but let's just say there are some things in my home that are broken now that weren't before I got the official letter. I believe the type of fit I threw would be called blind rage.

I even unknowingly locked d. out of the bedroom. He's a super star though and picked the lock when he heard crashing noises.

I'm not making this up.

Good night. For all of you out there who have health insurance: consider yourself blessed. :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

http://www.samaritanministries.org/