Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm Not Sure If I Can Finish This Book

I'm reading In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day. I had just written this tirade about the example he used on pages 42-43 about a girl who went to Ethiopia and had amazing experiences such as cruising around in a Land Rover and how that was the way she "chased her lion" and she came back with fun party stories to tell.

Forgive me, but I deleted it.

I guess I'm still a little touchy on the Ethiopia subject as my heart hasn't gotten over reading this book (go... read it now!) and I fully believe that one day we could be the proud parents of a precious Ethiopian baby.

So again, forgive me. The whole passage on those two pages made me a little ill.

In short this book is shaping up to be everything that I was afraid it would be: fluff, cliche, and blah. I hope to finish, even though I'm not looking forward to it.

But Percy Jackson is starting to look really good about now!

No comments: