Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Too, Too Good-- The Eternal Pessimist's Point of View

Some Big Things are happening around the Snyder household!

I was texting back and forth with my cousin today about some of these Big Things. Here's a little snippet of the conversation:

Cousin: "It seems like everything is lining up in your favor!"
Me: "I know... almost sounds too good huh?"
Cousin: "Almost, but not quite. :)"

You see, I'm an eternal pessimist. I remember being that way ever since I was a little kid. But now I'm asking myself a question:

"If good things come from the Lord, and the Big Things happening in the Snyder household are good things then how can I shoot down something from the Lord so quickly?"

The fact of the matter is, when the Lord starts moving and doing stuff in your life, he is the embodiment of Good. And he is too good to us. Too good to be true.

No comments: