Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Birth-Hog-Day!

Groundhog Day- the most frivolous holiday on the calendar!

Will he, won't he, will he, won't he? The anticipation is enough to make me edgy for about half a second then forget about it!

Something else rather significant happened on this day eighteen years ago.

I'll give you a hint: it's not the release of Bill Murray's cult classic Groundhog's Day although that was released in 1993.

No it's something much better! On this day 18 years ago Ms. Lauren Barr was brought into the world! I recently chatted with Lauren about all-things eighteenth birthday. Here's what she had to say.

So Lauren, you're turning the big One Eight! How do you feel about your teenage years winding down?

I'm pretty ecstatic about being 18. I will be considered an adult and I can apply for WAY more jobs, so I hope I get one. It's a bittersweet moment really. More sweet than anything!

You happen to be born on a pretty important national holiday. Tell me how you feel about sharing your birthday with the world's most famous rodent.

It's exactly what you say, a rodent. I like the fact that most people remember my birthday because its super easy to remember. But I do not like to find a farting groundhog in my bed! (This is a reference to a prank her mom played on her one year.)

How do you plan to celebrate your big day?

On the big day I will be getting my first tattoo! Then I will be coming home to my family and eating S'mores pizza.

What's the best birthday gift you've ever received?

I have many favorite gifts. In a top two, one was my first bible and another would be my great grandma's sewing basket- even though I don't sew, I love that it's a hand-me-down.

What's one thing you want to do while you're 18?

There's nothing really spectacular I want to do while I'm 18, probably the biggest will be getting my tattoo.

So there you have it, straight from the birthday girl's mouth. Lauren, I hope you have a wonderful day and here's to a new and adventurous 18th year!

No comments: