Monday, February 14, 2011

Who is Arcade Fire?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a fan of the Grammy's. It has become a "sinkhole that rewards glitter over talent and now spends more time showing off than handing out trophies." I couldn't have put it better myself. 


However, I see a ray of hope what with Arcade Fire's win last night for Album of the Year. 


I realize this has created a tidal wave of backlash from haters/Lady Gaga/Eminem/Katy Perry/Lady Antebellum fans.


Fortunately, I'm not a fan of any of these other "artists," so I couldn't care less. 


Here's something I've posted on the old Bloggy before, but just goes to further my point about how awesome this band is:





I've been pouring over this Tumblr today, looking at all the people who are upset about Arcade's win. They're all really classy, let me just say. If you're a fan, take a look. It's quite comical and I only chose ones that I didn't have to edit. Apparently Arcade Fire's win and the "F" word go hand in hand. Here are a few gems:




Gah!

No comments: