Monday, February 28, 2011

Truth

My mom is awesome.

All while my brother and I were growing up she worked a full-time job, kept a spotless house, made a hot dinner every night, and was active in participating in ministry with my dad.

But all those reasons put together aren't why I say today that my mom is awesome.

You see, she took to heart the verse in Proverbs that says, "Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older they will not leave it."

I've been feeling pretty down lately, and yesterday seemed to be what it took to push me over the edge. I emailed my mom about it, and her response, while it may not have been exactly what I wanted to hear, was way better than that: it was Truth itself.

Today I am thankful to have a mother that recognizes truth and still speaks it into the hearts of her kids. I want to be a mom like that someday.

So, from her speaking truth to me I began to write out truths of my own. If any of my five or so readers needs encouraging, here's some truth that the Lord encouraged me with today:

"The Lord is not an unreasonable king. He will not fly into a blind rage when you are honest with him about your feelings. He does not seek our destruction, but in fact gave of Himself to avoid it. The hidden things in the Lord are good things; He tells us exactly what our hearts need to know. He does not play the cat-and-mouse game with his kids. He has a reason and motivation for everything. His intentions are perfectly aligned with his actions and his actions are perfectly aligned with His heart."

No comments: