Sunday, July 6, 2008

Acu-Granny

Tonight I went out to my grandparent's house to pick up some farm fresh eggs and mingle for a bit.

My grandma gets this look in her eyes sometimes, one may call it a "gleam" when she's about to say or ask something "inappropriate." It's one of those old lady rebellious looks. It doesn't come about very often; in fact, the last time I saw it was when she asked me if I had bought any lingerie for my wedding night.

So we're sitting in the living room, and she leans in and I see that gleam and only have a few seconds to prepare myself when she whispers into the middle of the room (at me) "I got my ears stapled for weight loss!" Then sits back, folds her arms in her lap, and waits for my reaction.

After swallowing my drink, I yell, "You what?!"

The best part about this is not the my grandmother is experimenting with acupuncture. Nor is it the fact that she is now massaging her temples for 30 seconds six to seven times a day. No, my favorite part about this is that my Papa, having been married to her for over 50 years has yet to notice my grandmother's latest addition.

I'm betting she'll drop 50 pounds before he starts wondering "How you doin' that?"

No comments: