Saturday, August 16, 2008

Olympic Hero

Flashback to August 2004. I am sitting in my dorm room at my new computer (mistake, should've gone for the laptop) and watching something on the Olympics.

It was then that I applied this picture of Mr. Phelps as my desktop background.

(shameless, I know)

Well, it is four years later and I am sitting in my apartment only a few blocks from that same dorm. I have a picture of my hubby and me as my desktop background now but Michael is currently on my TV screen. He is a little teary eyed and is wearing his eighth Olympic gold around his neck while the national anthem plays.

(sidenote: Bob Costas is really ruining this for me right now.)

I'm not one to be all sappy and patriotic, but I think it's safe to say that Michael has made his country proud tonight (er... this afternoon Beijing time.)

Maybe I am a Phelps Phan after all.

No comments: