Tuesday, August 5, 2008

They're Coming...!

This time tomorrow, inshallah, my fabulous mom, dad, and baby brother will be in Campbellsville. The occasion is my cousins wedding, but they're making a few days of it. I mean really, why drive a billion hours just to turn around and drive back.

Some of the activities that we have planned are:
  • Thursday my mom is coming to my class to read them a book... I've warned her, but I don't think anyone can be prepped for a new classful of bright eyed, bushy tailed, in-your-face-just-turned-three-year-olds.
  • Also on Thursday, my Dad is taking Dusty and Kyle (husband and brother) to one of Mammoth Cave's "Wild Cave Tours." (To be honest, I'm a little leery of this... read the website!)
  • On Friday, I'm getting off work early and going shopping with my mom. (Can't get enough of that!)
  • On Saturday my cousin Hannah is marrying the love of her life Matt.
  • On Sunday, I am still trying to convince my parents to come to the Vineyard. *Fingers crossed.*

All in all, it looks like a pretty fun weekend! This will be the first time I'm around my family as a Snyder. I wonder if during the summer I have suddenly spread all my Hamlin characteristics and they're going to think I'm some freak-o? Then again, who am I calling freak-o anyways? (That one was for you, Ed!)

to bed i go!

1 comment:

Ed said...

Resistance is futile. You have been assimilated. :-p