Monday, August 25, 2008

Story Time With Red

I have this little girl in my class at work and she's, in a word, hysterical. While I was with her class in the two year old room last year I caught her wearing her older brother's underpants, and licking the bottom of her flip flops because she had rubbed some Cheetos on them before coming to daycare.

Now she's in my three year old class and she's quite the handful, but I love her. For the purpose of this blog (and any blogs to follow) I will call her "Red."

Red has a hard time taking a nap during naptime, which is unfortunate for everyone in the class (and by everyone I mean everyone!) I've gotten into the semi-bad habit of sitting down next to her mat and making sure that she lies still.

Last week, I hear her whisper, "I want you to read me a story." So I head to the bookshelf and she yells, "NO! Read it to me!" I assume this means tell it to her and proceed to orate an embarassing rendition of the princess, the frog, the kiss, the man. Here's an excerpt of our story time that day:

Me: "And suddenly, the frog turned into a handsome prince."
Red: "...pull."
Me: "...what?"
Red: "Prince-pull."
Me: "Handsome principal?"
Red: *yawn* "Yeah... prince-pull."

She also asked me to tell a story about "an alien in the home" and "the elephant in the pond then could fly."

Thanks Red for challenging my creativity everyday. What will you come up with next?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha.
what an imagination! it's like she's trying to be a class clown/comedian and she's only 3!! i wonder if she knows that she does it...

she does seem pretty hysterical. i wish i could have kids like that to babysit when i do...

btw, this word verification is kinda strange. i don't mind doing it to post a comment, but they usually don't look like something you might pronounce. this one is pugruc...
idk what it might mean if it were a real word, but it kinda looks like one...

Ed said...

Reminds me of the stories I used to tell Dusty when he was little. "Snow White and the Seven Rock and Roll Dwarves"

You know... Simon, Garfunkel, Paul, Ringo, John, George, and Meatloaf.