Thursday, August 28, 2008

Soccer Woes

Right now I'm sitting in my apartment, alone, while Dusty is in Nelson County. Reffing. Makin' the big bucks. For me, for us. So that we don't get evicted.

Also watching a pre-season Colts game. Feeling a bit nervous about this season. But confident. Now I want to make a list. Here are some songs that fit my moment:

  1. Please Turn Red by Andy Davis: I am waiting for the leaves to change and this song reminds me of fall semester, junior year of college. Nerts, the Duffy House, new friends, and the lake.
  2. Death and All Of His Friend by Coldplay: ...because I DON'T WANNA FOLLOW DEATH AND ALL OF HIS FRIENDS!
  3. I Knew You Before by Dustin Kensrue: This song reminds me of a friend from the past, and yet somehow, a friend from my present.
  4. All The Way Down by Glen Hansard: Deliciously depressing.
  5. Savior King by Hillsong: A song to renounce delicious depressing-ness
  6. Day That Cuts Till Dawn by Jamie Barnes: Have you heard this guy? Do yourself a favor and search him out.
  7. The Space Between Living & Dying by Jeremy Casella: So damn catchy! :) I just cursed on my blog... that was sort of freeing.
  8. Wolves by Josh Ritter: Because I've got "wolves in the piano, wolves underneath the stairs!"
  9. All These Things That I've Done by The Killers: When I hear this song I see Dusty dancing in the car, singing out loud and thinking that I can't see or hear him. Soooo cute.
  10. All I Am Is All You're Not by Sloan: see reason number 7.
  11. Annie by Waterdeep: "He who raised you up, has raised you up so high."
  12. Everything Has Changed by William Fitzsimmons: Because I used to be young and now I'm not (even though I am) and everything has changed and I'm feeling it in my bones.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ok, so some songs I've heard, others I have not....some I L-O-V-E