Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Old Kentucky Home

I love hanging out with my family. Not just my mom and dad and brother, but extended family. It doesn't feel obligatory at all.

Well, this weekend there's yet another wedding in the family: my rad cousin, Hannah and her fiancee Matt are tying the knot. Pre-wedding festivites went down tonight in their backyard in Vine Grove.

And what would a Hamlin family gathering be without an impromptu bluegrass throwdown?

(please excuse the video quality, it was taken with my phone.)




That's my uncle Bill in the chair playing the banjo; to his left, Steve my cousin's uncle on her mom's side; to his left Luke (green shirt) my cousin; and to his left my Uncle Ed (red shirt) home on leave from Baghdad for a while to see his little girl get married.

All in all, it was a great night!

No comments: