Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh The Places You Will Go

Today I overheard a conversation between two (seemingly) freshman that had just moved to Campbellsville. While they're walking through the frozen foods with their cereal and popcorn in hand, one says to the other:

"Oh, and I hope you know you're welcome to this at any time. What's mine is yours!"

Girl 2 replies,

"For sure! You too!"

Well isn't that sweet?

Little did I know when I moved to Kentucky as a freshman that I would have 8 roommates (including the ones I have now!) and 5 different addresses. Six, if you count my grandma's house. Let's recap:

Stapp Hall: I lived here for 2 years (freshman and sophomore.) My favorite thing about living in Stapp is how connected I felt to the new atmosphere around me, especially as a freshman. The bunk beds were cool too.

The Duffy House: After my sophomore year I got over the whole dorm thing and wanted out on my own. Enter 495 Duffy Street and three great roommates, a good ole boy landlord, and a mother of a lawn to mow that summer I stayed there alone.

Best thing about this house was getting to know the three gals that I stayed with and of course, this was the place where d. and I fell in like. Below is a picture of us gettin' the heck outta there when our landlord raised the rent. Thanks DeWayne! (Boooo!)

The Arbor House: After Duffy my roommate Jenn and I moved onto Arbor Lane. I have nothing good to say about this house, except it was great to get to know Jenn and the bathroom had two sinks. The land lady was terrible, and I fully believe there was something spiritually wrong in the house. Both Jenn and I never felt like we were alone in there, even when we were. I had terrible dreams at nights, and there was one time I woke up paralized with a dark something hovering over my bed not allowing me to yell for help. We got out of there as soon as the lease was up!

The Bayt: Apartment B8 that is! We were desperate to get out of creepy house, so I found a shabby little apartment not far from campus. We moved in in record time, but the apartment was against me. The carpet smelled of cat pee and there were no screens on the windows. There was a mutant smell coming from the cabinet under the sink and the deck was about to fall apart. I lasted here a whole 4 months.

The Love Nest: After it started getting warm and I couldn't open the windows in the Bayt, I started going insane. However, the Lord allowed us to move to a great little apartment in the same complex, different building that had new windows, central heat and air, and a dishwasher. I was in heaven! And this is where Dusty and I (and Garrett, can't forget our great roommate) kick up our feet!

No comments: