Monday, November 17, 2008

Ebb and Flow

Lately I've felt a little like I have no anchor; like there's nothing really holding me in place or all together. I guess I'm just trying to prepare to enter into a transitory season in my life, and the life of my little two-person family.

Truth be told, I feel like I'm at the mercy of a powerful river's ebb and flow. I'm constantly being moved by one current or another, and I have no clue as to which current I should be riding out or where this river is eventually going to take me. Am I going to be washed up on some silty bank, or am I headed for a tributary into the Atlantic? This is a season of upheaval and a season of uncertainty. But one thing I do know for sure, I got a really good word last night as d. and I were discussing end-times stuff, so here it is:

What's true on earth is true also in Heaven and in both places the Lord upholds the cause of the righteous.

So I take heart in that, and trust that even though the river seems winding and confusing and a little cold, it's His river. And I am content.

2 comments:

Emily J. Stivers - Oh Happy Roar said...

Your post reminded me of one of my favorite Bible verses:

Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.
Deuteronomy 4:39

Ed said...

I knew an Eb and Flo once. They used to live down past the cement factory. Complained all the time about the dust. Told 'em they should move. They never would. Guess they didn't like change.