Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hiatus

A hiatus is a more temporary thing. I've started something of a hiatus, but I'm sad to say, it's not temporary. As long as I have the gumption it is here to stay.

"What is it?" you're wondering. "What could possibly be so important that she decided to cut it from her life?"

"Detrimental," and not "important," that's the word I'd like to use, because it makes everything seem more serious and therefore worthwhile.

Caffeine. I'm off it.

I'm a good part of two days in and have not caved. When I craved carbonation I got a Sprite. (Gross, but oddly satisfying.) I did not get a sweet tea on my lunch break today (and it nearly killed me) and I have been drinking a ton of water.

Please, please, don't hold me in high esteem. Don't look at me and think, "Wow, she's got some amazing will power. That Emily, she's just so, so... cool. Because she's choosing to abstain from something. I could never do that. She's so much cooler than me."**

Because if you are tempted to think that way (and let's face it, why wouldn't you?) just head to McBurgertown, get yourself a $1 sweet tea and drink it in front of me. Nobody looks cool with drool hanging out of their mouths. Not even me.

**the editor would kindly like for you to be sure to note her sarcasm.**

1 comment:

Adam Truax said...

Is this why you were in such a spectacular mood when we talked yesterday?