Monday, November 10, 2008

Reality Check

It's sad when your most recent reality check comes from Wal.Mart.

I went to buy groceries today and saw about a billion people I knew. (6 is a billion right?)

And as I wheeled my cart out to the car it hit me that pretty soon, I won't know anyone at Wal-Mart.

Literally...no one. I won't happen to be in the same check out line as a former (favorite) boss, or run into a co-worker or nod at the guy who owns the pedicure place, or see not one, not two, but three daycare parents.

And I hope I won't feel all Cheers when that time comes:

2 comments:

Ed said...

Don't worry. Just go with Laura a few times. Even the greeters sometimes know her by name. And if she doesn't go for a couple of days they say "hey, where have you been, haven't seen you in a while".

Soon, you will know even more people.

Then you can play "Walmart Hide and Seek" where you see someone you know that you don't want to talk to and you duck down aisles or between clothes racks to avoid them. You know you've won when you make it back to your car without being waylayed by said person.

Ed said...

Oh, and when I read this:

"And as I wheeled my cart out to the car it hit me"

...I thought just for a second that you had been hit by a car. It made me sad. :-(