Thursday, July 9, 2009

To See or Not To See?

I saw two movies this week, and I must say I'm a little disappointed with both, but for different reasons.

Number 1: My Sister's Keeper
Completely hopeless and depressing. Does not stay true to the original storyline. Did I mention completely hopeless and depressing? Don't waste your money. Redbox it if you must.

Number 2: Public Enemies
I love Johnny Depp. I don't think he ever makes a truly terrible film, though Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was pretty creepy. But even then, he creeped us out well. This movie was surprisingly enjoyable despite the fact that there are numerous shooting scenes and a few car chases. (And if anyone knows me, they know my feelings on that!)

What disappointed me, and I believe this was a problem with the Elizabethtown movie theater (booo!) was the sound quality. I couldn't understand a word of what they said. Either way, if you like Johnny Depp you should go see this one. You'll probably like it. And if you live around here, don't see it at Movie Palace.

No comments: