Thursday, January 22, 2009

300 And Going Strong!

I've just noticed that this is my 300th blog post! Pretty crazy huh?

I'm just sitting around today, in sweatpants. Dusty is on the couch watching ESPN2 and letting Gabby cuddle up next to him to sleep. It is 11 am and I just woke up. And I don't feel guilty anymore!

Want to know why?

Because Dusty found out last night that he was chosen to be the new youth minister at Buck Grove Baptist Church! (Pending Sunday when we meet the youth committee and the youth group and talk "numbers." I hate talking numbers.)

All of this seems just a little too good to be true, especially to a self-professed pessimist. Why is it so hard for me to live out my favorite verse:

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Ps. 27:13

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited! I think it's going to be an interesting few years, and Dusty and I have a lot to learn. I expect to come out of it with more wisdom unlocked in my brain than I know what to do with. Because the Lord has told me that wisdom is practiced. I can't just sit around and hope to age into wisdom. It's something I have to practice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Good luck with the negotiations, remember mo' money mo' problems.