Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Burn Baby Burn

PLEASE do not tell me who was kicked off The Bachelor last night! I didn't get to see all of it, though I tried.

You see, I did a kind of boneheaded thing, and it resulted in 1st-2nd degree burns on fingers pointer thru ring on my right hand and me not getting to finish the show.

You know those smooth topped stove burners? You know how it's hard to tell if one is on? Well, that's what happened to me as I valiantly tried to rescue two Styrofoam bowls from being consumed by the heat. My friend Andrea is a super star and coached me through the first hour or so of the ordeal.

Wanna see a picture of my mangled digits?

They didn't stop burning until about 4 am (mind you, this happened last night around 7:45) and I had to sleep with my hand in a bowl of water. I'm giving myself props for not knocking the bowl over and waking up in a huge puddle.

In other news, LOST starts back up tomorrow. Who has three burned fingers and is excited?

THIS GIRL!

I also have the yummy, the delectable Margarita Lime Chicken going in the old crock pot to feed the fam tonight. Sans tequila, plus the soy sauce, honey, garlic, Dijon mustard, and margarita lime mix.

Seriously, it's amazing. Be jealous.

Last, last, last: Dusty, Gabby, and I watched history in the making today. While it's great to watch Mr. President make his speech and yadda, yadda, I'm loving Jon Stewart's post-inauguration coverage.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Glad my "coaching" aka "continuting to eat my dinner and watch the Bachelor while I felt REALLY bad about not screaming from the rooftops that the burner was still hot" helped.