Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Spiritual Cripple

How many of you have ever felt bound up by this outlook on life:

"I have a major decision to make, and so many options. I better choose the one that is God's will or I'm screwed."

Be real now; we've all done it. And I feel like it's made me a spiritual cripple. Here's how I'm reasoning my departure from this mainstream thought process: If God is so big and infinite, how could his "plans" be any less for my life?

He's called me out of darkness into light and that light is the light of the world right? That...is...huge! Why set our limit at our city, state, or country? Why set the limit at what we know we're "qualified" to do? Why set our sights on a meager income because that's all we feel we're capable of making?

I'm ready to uproot this way of making decisions, because I'm ready to be uprooted myself. And maybe I'll start learning to walk on two legs instead of using that one crutch all the time.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

If this were a sermon, I would feel like you were preaching right at me. Thanks for the reminder Em!

Andi said...

read this book: Decision Making and the Will of God. I read the first part and it was helpful- imagine if I'd read the whole thing, I'd be like, a spiritual giant or something. Let me know how it ends...