Wednesday, January 5, 2011

011 Bar-B-Party

My brother is becoming famous (from my mother's perspective maybe infamous) for his prowess when it comes to barbecue.

And why shouldn't he? After all he lives in Kansas City!

When word got out that I would be in town this week he arranged for a dinner party, Kansas City style, complete with his home smoked meat and sauce made by Brother's partner in culinary crime, Clayton. They even have a name for their "company": KC Royale.

Here's what was on the menu:
  • Smoked Brisket
  • Smoked Pork
  • Bacon Wrapped-Cream Cheese Stuffed JalapeƱos
  • Home Cut French Fries
  • Corn Casserole (my contribution)
Kyle started smoking the meat this morning and managed to keep up with everything with the help of Jeremy and Clayton.

Listening to the guys in the kitchen all day was quite entertaining. Topics ranged from Clayton's (some may say "weird") fascination with Michael Jackson to how to get the perfect smoke ring on a piece of meat. My favorite conversation was when they reminisced over Clayton's "Men Only, No Women Invited, No Food, No Movie Dark Knight Dance Party."

In between all the fake bickering (and believe me that was aplenty!) they pulled together a fantastic BBQ! Feast (no pun intended) your eyes on what happens with nine adults and one toddler cram into my parents eat-in kitchen/dining room: