Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Really, Really Good

Last night the Lord spoke a word to me that was so sweet and so near and dear to my heart.

This is something that I pray about a lot, but hadn't really thought about yesterday.

Yet he knew I needed encouraging, probably more than I knew it myself.

It reminds me of what Jesus said in Luke 11:

10-13"Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This is not a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we're in. If your little boy asks for a serving of fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? If your little girl asks for an egg, do you trick her with a spider? As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing—you're at least decent to your own children. And don't you think the Father who conceived you in love will give the Holy Spirit when you ask him?" (Luke 11:10-13, The Message)

He gives really, really good stuff because he himself is really, really good!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I find myself doing this more often than I should! "God, if you'll just... then I'll..."