Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Blues

I am in an oh-so bad mood right now, for reasons that shall not be addressed in this blog. What I'm aiming to do is lay on the couch and read my "dragon book" as Miss A calls it. I'd like to call it by its title: Brisingr.

But since I'm in such a bad mood I wanted to make a playlist that would help me embrace it and yet overcome, and in the process I have discovered something quite profound: there are a certain few albums that I own that remind me of a very specific season and the season that I'm reaching for right now is what I'd like to call dead of winter. Here they are:

1.) Give Up by The Postal Service
2.) Until When We are Ghosts by William Fitzsimmons
3.) Deja Entendu by Brand New
4.) Beneath The Boardwalk by The Arctic Monkeys (although this is bad to listen when you actually want to be in a bad mood.)
5.) No Name Face by Lifehouse
6.) This is not an album, but a life changing song: Mended by Christy Nockels

So, do any of you have seasons of music? 

2 comments:

Ed said...

I'm terrible with playlists and have kind of a strange taste in music (if you ask Laura).

I still like to listen to country music, especially the story type ballads. Actually any genre that tells a story, especially about dads and daughters or lovers or families are my favorite.

Now when I have the blues, there are a couple of artists that I like to listen to. I'm a big James Taylor fan and his songs can make me laugh and cry and sing out loud (not a pretty sight). If I'm feeling bluesy, I like Norah Jones. And I'm a sucker for the old Photographs and Memories album from Jim Croce. I also enjoy a listen to John Mayer now and then.

But you asked about "season music" didn't you? The only "season music' that I can think of is anything by Manheim Steamroller which I can listen to whether it's Christmas or not.

I guess that covers it. lol Told you I am strange in my music tastes.

Devon said...

Hey. I had one of those days yesterday too. Hopefully today is looking up. :) music always helps.