Thursday, March 26, 2009

360--Full Circle?

Happy 360th post! I wish I could write about how my life has somehow "come full circle" or use some other sort of clever, geometric comparison but it's just not going to happen. So don't get your hopes up. :)

However three monumental things have happened in the last 24 hours, and I know you're all dying to know!

This is my to-do list for the week:

I actually got everything done before Friday! Scratch that, I just got it done. Period.

I want to be very clear on something: this never happens. I guess the warmer weather is energizing me or something.

The second monumental thing happened last night in that Rudy didn't flee when I approached him with the camera. Usually he heads for his favorite hiding spot: under the chair. I don't really know how he gets under there but he does. So far he's found a set of keys, some lip gloss, and a flashlight.

Ahhh the wonders of having hand-me-down furniture! You never know what you'll find. (Legend has it that the couch in one of the youth Sunday School rooms had a gun in it when they were unloading it! I don't know whether or not to believe that.)

He does not look amused. I've yet to get a good shot of his thumbs though. I'll keep trying, they're so crazy.

ALSO the third monumental thing that has happened is that I bought fabric today to make my own shirts. And they're cute shirts, too! This ain't your grandma's sewing pattern!

Is it just me or does this blonde girl look like she's in pain?

I'm planning on making two of the red one with little fluttery sleeves; one of the tanks on the bottom row, and one of the tank to the right of the red one with little fluttery sleeves.

Let me clarify: Laura is helping. I mean really helping. Like, I'm going to observe while she makes them and then perhaps try my hand but not before I observe! Because fabric ain't cheap, even when you get it off the bargain rack.

(Though is still somehow cheaper than actually buying a shirt. Plus I can be like, "Oh this old thing? Yeah... I made it." boo-yah.)

peace,
e.

1 comment:

Ed said...

Laura has the backup sewing machine all cleaned, primed and ready. I think she believes in a more "hands-on" approach to teaching sewing. So you really will be able to say "Oh this old thing? Yeah... I made it."