Monday, March 16, 2009

Camera

All right folks, I'm beginning to search for a new camera. I currently have a Kodak Easyshare V550. It's a sturdy little thing, having survived a near death experience atop a mountain in Petra, Jordan and never having its own camera case, but truth be told I'm over it. It's time to put the Kodak out to pasture and broaden my horizons.

I'm looking for a good deal and something for a more experienced user. I'm definitely not even up to the level of amateur photographer. (I consider myself a "picture taker" still, not photographer.) And I don't want another Kodak or Sony.

I'm open to suggestions! If you have a camera that rocks and you'd like to recommend it, let me know!

2 comments:

Emily J. Stivers - Oh Happy Roar said...

I have the Canon Powershot A590 and I really like it a lot. It has great battery life and is very easy to use. I like it too because it's not one of those flat box kind of cameras, so it's easier - in my opinion - to hold and use.

I got it on sale around Christmas from Amazon, but right now it's $109.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-Digital-Optical-Stabilized/dp/B0011ZCDKS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1237218914&sr=8-1

Anonymous said...

check out overstock.com. lots of cameras, new and refurb, $1 shipping and customer product reviews so you get a good idea what you're getting.