Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Every Minute

There's this song by Sara Groves that I absolutely love. (Side note: I used to not really like her stuff because her lyrics were, in my mind, "weird" but that's just because they're actually really good and I was just shallow. A few years ago I rediscovered her stuff and fell in love. I even had one of her songs sang at my wedding.)

She has this one song called Every Minute that contains some of the best lyrics for the way I feel about life right now:

And I wish all the people I love the most
Could gather in one place
And know each other and love each other well

And I wish we could all go camping
And lay beneath the stars
And have nothing to do and stories to tell
We'd sit around the campfire
And we'd make each other laugh remembering when
You're the first one I'm inviting
Always know that you're invited, my friend

You know who you are, friends and family. I wish I could make this happen. If there's one thing I've been experiencing here in this most recent part of life is lack of friends.

Not that I'm lonely or sitting in my house crying all day. And I know I have friends. But they don't just randomly come over with buffalo meat to grill (Sam!) or with entertaining stories to tell (Andrea!) or with laughter from back when we were naive freshmen in college (Erika!) or with a guitar ready to chill at the lake (Garrett!).

There are some friends that I like to get tired and emotional with.
There are some friends that are fun to eat PIE with.

(Devon, you're exempt from all this because you only live a few minutes away. And we might even get to see each other next week if we don't forget about some random other plan we had!)

And who could forget family? I don't feel as though I'm lacking too horribly in that department, as my in-laws live a hop-skip-and-jump away and my aunt, uncle, and cousins go to Buck Grove, but it would be SUPER if my parents/bro lived closer. Hey family: we're close to southern Indiana now. What are you waiting for?!

And I know that we are here for a "reason." And I know what that reason is: Jesus. Plain and simple, nothing else to it, nothing else to seek out Jesus. And I am content in my circumstance.

Just thanks Lord for Facebook, blogs, Skype, and cell phones! Without that I might have to hand write letters or something. Then I really would be sitting in my house lonely and crying.

Because I don't have any stationary, you see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

T & E!!!!

Charity said...

I know the feeling...hang in there, it'll get better :) I'll probably visit very soon!