Thursday, March 19, 2009

Next Up...

I have just finished reading The Opium Clerk by Kanul Basu.

I didn't mind this book but I'm glad to be done with it. I think it was very well written but I had a hard time following the storyline, which is rare for me. If you have an appreciation for time period novels, India, or the opium trade, I'd say give it a go. Other than that, don't waste you time.

And that's really all I have to say about it!

My next book to read is:

I'm a little nervous as I know it's going to be an emotional read. If you haven't heard of this book before it is the memoir of Elie Wiesel's experience in a Nazi death camp, his survival, and his grappling with how this could be allowed to happen. (I'm sure I'll be able to come up with a more eloquent summation after I'm done!)

Here's to reading and sticking to your commitments! I have yet to buy a book yet and have officially crossed 3 off my list.

This is getting hard.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

awesome! you have this book!

so, i've read it, and yes it is rather emotional.

i have a favor to ask...i need to have this book for my history class a little later in the semester. could i possibly borrow it when you're done reading it?

Anonymous said...

I believe Aubri would enjoy reading that when you are done. She actually has a facination with stories from the concentration camps, and is familiar with Elie W. because I know I've heard her mention the name before. Maybe she's already read this one...