It being Father's Day and all I thought I would write a triblog (that's Tribute Blog!) to my pops, Don. Here are my top ten memories of our 22.5 years together (in no specific order):
- From when I was young, I remember dad wrapping me in a blanket, slinging me over his shoulder and dumping me on my bed, all the while singing folk songs like "Old Dan Tucker."
- Making Brother and me say something nice about each other when we fought. (Me: "I like your hair." Kyle: "I like your shoes... sorta.")
- Safari Don--the hat, the truck, the whole works.
- Your hatred of all things edible that are white: mayo, sour cream, cottage cheese, etc.
- The inevitability to attract every freak, weirdo, or small screaming child on our family vacations
- Cut off shorts, tall socks, Converse One Stars (your shoe of choice.) Used to embarass me, now I just laugh.
- Making sure that from a young age Brother and I were "cultured" even if that meant dragging us to every national park and life-on-the-prairie re-enactment this side of the Mississippi (and some on the other side!)
- As long as I've known you've had a book in hands. You had a list of "Required Reading" meant to be completed before my graduation from high school. (Still waiting for that...) You have given me my love for books, and that's saying a lot!
- The fact that I have never, ever seen you without a moustache. :)
- Chocolate syrup, ice cream sundaes... you never cease to amaze me with how you can pack that stuff away!
- I had to add this one in: Most recently... you walking me down the aisle, and giving me away. Thanks for trusting Dusty so much with your little girl.
I love you daddy-o! Hope you're having a great day, whatever you're doing.